Copyright ©, Portage Electric Products, Incorporated
All rights reserved.
These Snap Action Thermostats operate as a high limit, single operation (non-resettable) type control. Ultra fast thermal response times due to the unique positon of the bimetal element. The ceramic case allows them to operate at temperatures up to 260°C. As single operation thermostates they perform like a thermal fuse with the reliability of a 100% tested bimetallic thermal control.
- Snap action devices; quick make/quick break switching action.
- Single Operation type devices. Reset temperature is less than -35°C. This prevents the thermostat from resetting under normal operating conditions.
- Unique positioning of the bi-metallic element allows for excellent heat transfer for improved reaction time.
- Available with exposed bi-metallic elements for even faster thermal response.
- Ceramic case isolates devices from the electrical circuit and is suitable for use in high temperature applications.
- Can be mounted directly on a heated surface.
- Preset calibration temperature, not adjustable in the field.
- Opposite end termination allows for flexibility of installation.
- Factory installed lead wires or terminals available – Consult Factory.
- 15 amps / 250V AC (resistive)
- CUL, TUV
- Available with nominal calibration temperatures from 200°C to 260°C.
- Almost anywhere ultimate safety is required. Included are curling irons and many other small appliances.